Ronaldo Win UEFA Player Of The Year

Cristiano Ronaldo win the UEFA player of the year for the second time ahead of Antonio Greizman and Gareth Bale.

He was favourite for the award having led his team to an 11th champions league trophy and his country to an European Cup.

The 31-year-old player previously won the award for 2013-2014 season and he joins Barcelona rival Lionel Messi in winning the honour on a second occasion.

"It is a great honour and thanks to the journalist for voting for me,"Ronaldo told UEFA.

"My team-mate are the key,they are the key every year.I work hard myself but without the help of my team-mates this would not be possible."

He thanked his team-mates both from Madrid and Portugal.

"Thanks to my team-mates from Real Madrid and Portugal."

He said he have to mention Portugal because this is their first European trophy ever.

"I have to mention Portugal because this is first in their history.it was different because I have won the champions League three times.to win something with Portugal was the highlight of my career."

The trophy which Messi won last year was voted for by journalist from UEFA member's nation.

Messi surprisingly was not among the top four this time around,the Argentines was ranked fifth behind his team-mate Luiz Suarez.

Pepe,Toni Kroos,Manuel Neuer,Thomas Muller,and Gianluigi Buffon are other players on the long list


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AY Comedian celebrate 45th Birthday With Family

Oshiomole Praises Nigerian Army For Pushing Back Boko Haram

Kanye West Pleads For Radio To Support Frank Ocean's 'Blond'